RV Clione CLI7/79
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1979-06-13 — 1979-07-04|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To study the distribution of young gadoids using the Lowestoft frame trawl and otter trawls.
2. To tag 1-group cod
3. To collect cod larvae for morphometric studies.
4. To study the development of sprat and/or pilchard eggs at a range of
temperatures, if running ripe adults can be obtained.
5. To collect and deep freeze fish larvae for electrophoretic genetical studies.
6. To collect and freeze dry turbot larvae for DNA/RNA estimates.
7. To collect live turbot larvae for laboratory DNA/RNA studies.
8. To collect otoliths from plaice, sole, cod ancl whiting.
9. Additional aim (not in programme) to collect and preserve in formalin lemon sole for Dr Sakamoto, Hokkaido University, Japan.
|Chief scientist||John D Riley (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.19 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 100|
Description: S surface only
|Transparency (eg transmissometer)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton pigs (eg chlorophyll, fluorescence)||Description: chlorophyll-a|
|Eggs and larvae||Quantity: number of hauls = 4|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 105|
|Taggings||Quantity: number of hauls = 10|