1. To conduct an echo/fishing survey for horse mackerel along the shelf edge.
2. To collect biological samples of horse mackerel.
3. To work an expendable bathythermograph (XBT) section through the Shamrock Canyon.
4. To collect fish parasites.
5. Equipment trials.
6. Processing trials.
7. To collect samples of mackerel muscle for enzyme analysis.
C Timothy Macer (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel Bay of Biscay
Bay of Biscay, Celtic Sea, Western English Channel
Quantity: number of profiles = 15 Description: XBT casts completed through the Shamrock Canyon.
Biology and fisheries
Quantity: number of hauls = 15 Description: distribution,population structures