RV Cirolana CIR3/81
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1981-02-26 — 1981-03-17|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To fish for and sample mackerel from the northern N. Sea, W of Scotland, W of Ireland, Celtic Sea, Biscay and English Channel.
2. To obtain samples of mackerel blood and muscle from the same areas.
3. To obtain samples of saithe from W of Scotland.
4. To obtain samples of blue whiting and soad.
5. To obtain blood samples of haddock from N W Britain.
6. To attempt electrophoretic separation of fish tissues at sea.
All the aims were successfully completed.
|Chief scientist||J P Bridger (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.19 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Description: T only|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 24|
Description: distribution,population structures
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 23|