1. To aid CORELLA in the survey of spawning herring concentrations off the Yorkshire coast and in the vicinity of the Farne Islands.
2. To make in-situ target strength measurements and to identify the traces by fishing.
3. By use of the sector scanner, observe the behaviour of herring to the passage of CORELLA and the towed transducer.
4. To make comparative side-by-side measurements on fish concentrations using acoustic frequencies of 30 and 38kHz in sequence.
5. To assess the performance of the Simrad QD echo-integrator and the Furumo colour display.
Ronald B Mitson (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)
North Sea Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
North Sea (Central)
Quantity: number of stations = 2
Biology and fisheries
Quantity: number of hauls = 6
Acoustic reflection on marine organisms.
Quantity: number of measurements = 26 Description: echo survey