1. To carry out a survey of 0 and I-group gadoids using the Granton Trawl.
2. To sample stomach contents of a range of species for use with multi-species assessment models.
3. To repeat part of the gadoid survey in the northern Irish Sea using the Portuguese modification of the Granton Trawl. This aim was abandoned.
4. To repeat part of the Irish Sea groundfish survey.
5. To collect samples of fish for the Aquatic Environment Protection Division (Burnham) from Liverpool and Morecambe Bays.
6. To collect specimens of fish for the Fish Identification courses run by R Blacker and for the Environmental Archaeology Unit, University of York.
7. To collect samples of small gadoids for the Fish Cultivation Unit.
David J Symonds (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
Biology and fisheries
Quantity: number of hauls = 44 Description: Granton trawls.