1. To trawl for fish for radiocaesium analysis in eleven of the ICES sub rectangles of the Irish Sea.
2. To collect and process surface and near bottom sea water from a grid of stations in the Irish Sea, based on the above rectangles for radiocaesium analysis.
3. To carry out an in situ gamma probe survey along the ships track and a grid survey in the vicinity of the BNFL Windscale discharge outlet.
4. To collect seawater samples in the Eastern Irish Sea for technicium analysis.
5. To collect sea water samples on passage to and from the Irish Sea for radiocaesium analysis.
A K Steele (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)