1. To conduct a survey over the disposal ground off Blyth to monitor industrial waste levels in seawater over an extensive period using a towed 'Aquatracka' fluorimeter.
2. To collect fish by trawling off Blyth and R Tyne for a) phenol residue analysis and b) metals and o/c analysis.
3. To conduct an 'intensive' monitoring survey of the Tyne sewage sludge ground by grabbing for sediments for physical, chemical, biological and bacteriological analysis.
4. To conduct side scanning sonar surveys of (a) the colliery waste disposal grounds off R Wear and Souter Point, (b) the Cleveland Potash pipeline discharge area off Boulby, (c) Ne Sand Hole off R Humber.
5. To collect benthos for chemical analysis from the Inner Tees dumping ground by repeated grabbing.
6. To conduct sea trials of a Sea Sediments suspended sediment trap off the Tyne and/or off Boulby. This aim was cancelled
7. To conduct a 'routine' monitoring survey of the Humber sewage sludge dumping ground by grabbing for sediments for physical and chemical analysis.
8. Additional aim (not on programme):
To conduct a post-dumping survey of the South Falls spoil dumping ground using side-scanning sonar.
Michael S Rolfe (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Burnham Laboratory)
N.E. Coast/ Dover Straits
Biology and fisheries
Quantity: number of hauls = 3 Description: Granton trawls.
Quantity: number of hauls = 3 Description: Agassiz trawl stations.