1. To trawl for fish for radiocaesium analysis in four of the ICES sub-rectangles of the Eastern Irish Sea.
2. To collect and process for radiocaesium analysis, surface and near bottom seawater from a grid of stations in the Irish Sea, based on the above rectangles; and at selected stations to and from the Irish Sea.
3. To collect seawater samples at selected stations for analyses of Transuranic isotopes.
4. To determine the suspended load content of seawater of selected stations.
5. To carry out a survey of airborne dust sampling at sea.
A K Steele (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)
North Sea Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
Water bottle stations
Quantity: number of stations = 139 Description: S bottom only
Quantity: number of samples = 139 Description: Samples retained for 134Cs and 137Cs analysis.