RV Corella 16/82
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corella (74CX)|
|Cruise period||1982-11-30 — 1982-12-15|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out an acoustic survey for spawning herring shoals over the Southern Bight and eastern English Channel.
2. To obtain samples of spawning herring using a pela,gic
3. To carry out an acoustic survey for sprat off the north-east coast of England between the Farne Islands and Flamborough Head.
4. To obtain samples of sprat from this region with a pelagic trawl and deternine the proportion of young herring in the catches.
5. To carry out in situ target strength measurements on herring and sprat if suitable opportunities arise.
6. To collect species of fish for fish identification courses.
|Chief scientist||P O Johnson (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.27 MB)|
|Specific||North Sea/ English Channel|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 8|
|Acoustic reflection on marine organisms.||Quantity: track kilometres = 3142.844|