1. To describe the distribution of gadoids within the Norway pout fishery area using the semi-pelagic high headline trawl.
2. To study the interaction between species by examining feeding preferences in relation to bottom type and depth of water.
3. To collect stomach samples of benthos and near bottom plankton to compare with the stomach contents of fish.
4. To collect gonads from Norway pout for fecundity studies.
5. To collect fish samples for (a) whole weight gutted weight conversion factors, (b) for the fisheries officers identification course, (c) for York University.
6. To collect tissue and blood samples from haddock for stock identification.
Derek Harding (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)
North Sea Norwegian Sea North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
Quantity: number of stations = 38
Subsurface temperature and salinity measurements
Quantity: number of stations = 40 Description: surface to bottom temperature profiles.
Biology and fisheries
Description: benthos samples examined from main trawl.
Quantity: number of stations = 40 Description: sampled using GOV trawl