RV Clione CLI4/83
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1983-03-11 — 1983-03-27|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To conduct an 'intensive' monitoring survey of the Bristol Channel disposal area (including the main and bad weather sewage dumping grounds and the Swansea Bay spoil ground) by use of side scanning sonar, grabbing and trawling.
2. To conduct 'routine' monitoring surveys at the Plymouth, western Lyme Bay and Nab Tower dumping areas.
3. To conduct 'intensive' monitoring surveys of (a) the Falls dumping area and (b) the Barrow Deep dumping area.
4. To conduct a sedimentological survey of the Roughs Tower spoil ground.
5. To conduct a side scan survey for FSM3 off Hornsea prior to Mr Howard's lobster release exercise.
6. Additional aim not on programme: To conduct a short monitoring survey of the Falmouth Bay dumping area.
|Chief scientist||Michael S Rolfe (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Burnham Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.12 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||Bridlington Bay/Bristol Channel/English Channel|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 6|
Description: trawls made using a Granton trawl.
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of stations = 202|
|Long/short range side scan sonar||Quantity: number of stations = 2|