1. To conduct an 'intensive' monitoring survey of the Bristol Channel disposal area (including the main and bad weather sewage dumping grounds and the Swansea Bay spoil ground) by use of side scanning sonar, grabbing and trawling.
2. To conduct 'routine' monitoring surveys at the Plymouth, western Lyme Bay and Nab Tower dumping areas.
3. To conduct 'intensive' monitoring surveys of (a) the Falls dumping area and (b) the Barrow Deep dumping area.
4. To conduct a sedimentological survey of the Roughs Tower spoil ground.
5. To conduct a side scan survey for FSM3 off Hornsea prior to Mr Howard's lobster release exercise.
6. Additional aim not on programme: To conduct a short monitoring survey of the Falmouth Bay dumping area.
Michael S Rolfe (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Burnham Laboratory)
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
Bridlington Bay/Bristol Channel/English Channel
Biology and fisheries
Quantity: number of hauls = 6 Description: trawls made using a Granton trawl.