FRV Scotia 2/83
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Scotia (749S)|
|Cruise period||1983-03-23 — 1983-04-01|
|Port of departure||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To collect samples of sediment and fish from selected stations at the Bell Rock and St Abbs Head sewage sludge dumping grounds.
2. To investigate the distribution of hydrocarbons in the water and sediments along the Forth-Forties line.
3. To collect samples of benthos and sediments on the JONSIS line.
4. To collect samples of benthos and sediments at selected stations in the northern North Sea generally.
5. To test plankton gear instrumentation.
6. To collect surface water samples for radio-caesium monitoring at Aberdeen (57º 10'N 1º 55'W), Arbroath (56º 32'N 2º 20'W) and Fair Isle (59º 30'N 2ºW).
|Chief scientist||James A Adams (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries for Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.08 MB)|
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Specific||Northwestern North Sea, Fair Isle Channel, Shetland, Bell Rock, St Abbs Head, Firth of Forth|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 3|
Description: Surface salinity only
|Radioactivity||Quantity: number of samples = 3|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Zoobenthos||Quantity: number of samples = 28|
Description: distribution, monitoring
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Description: hydrocarbon concentration|