RV Cirolana CIR6/84
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1984-06-28 — 1984-07-17|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To recover and relay the NEADS 6 mooring at the head of the Porcupine Abyssal Plain.
2. To recover the 8 - mooring current meter array from Azores-Biscay Rise to Galicia Bank.
3. To lay the 9 mooring c/m array at the SOFAR float launch site in the Iberia Abyssal Plain.
4. To conduct ballasting trials of two of the MAFF SOFAR floats in the Iberia Abyssal Plain plus backup CTD measurements.
5. To work a 25 station XBT grid across the planned float launch site for initialising the Harvard REM.
6. To recover, sample from, and relay the NEA dumpsite dummy drum (colonisation experiment for Dr Pentreath, drum samples for NIREX).
7. Fishtraps when convenient.
|Chief scientist||Robert R Dickson (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.23 MB)|
|General||North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)|
|Bathythermograph||Quantity: number of profiles = 30|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 1|
|Current meters||Quantity: number of deployments = 18|
Description: Current meters deployed and receovered after 35 days
|Radioactivity||Quantity: number of samples = 14|
|Geology and geophysics|
|In-situ seafloor measurement/sampling||Description: acoustical properties|