1. To carry out a groundfish survey in the Bristol Channel and Celtic Deeps area.
2. To carry out a survey for young pelagic fish.
3. To carry out further trawling to obtain information on the distribution and biology of young fish, especially sole, monkfish, megrim and lemon sole.
4. To obtain biological samples from a number of species to supplement market sampling information,
5. To investigate the feasibility of catching small sole as a possible means of estimating recruitment to the sole stock in VIIe
Peter D Wallace (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)
English Channel Irish Sea and St. George's Channel Bay of Biscay North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
Celtic Sea/ Western Channel
Water bottle stations
Quantity: number of stations = 32 Description: surface only
Biology and fisheries
Quantity: number of hauls = 32 Description: tows made, each consisting of 30 minutes, generally at night.
Quantity: number of hauls = 51 Description: Granton trawls
Other biological/fisheries measurement
Quantity: number of hauls = 7 Description: live fish collection