1. To carry out the annual survey of 0- and 1-group gadoids in the Irish Sea.
2. To repeat the standard trawl hauls on the Smalls Nephrops grounds.
3. To deploy a current meter rig off the Owers.
4. To pick up, service and relay a current meter rig in the North Channel.
5. To retrieve a current meter rig in Start Bay.
David J Symonds (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)
English Channel Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
Irish Sea/ W. English Channel
Quantity: number of deployments = 2 Description: Current meters recovered;14 days
Biology and fisheries
Quantity: number of hauls = 38 Description: standard trawl hauls as part of the pre-recruit gadoid survey.