1. To collect and process for radiocaesium analysis, surface and near-bottom seawater from a grid of stations in the Irish Sea, and at selected stations on passage to and from the Irish Sea.
2. To determine the suspended load content of seawater at selected stations.
3. To carry out Dry Cloth and Air Sampler trials between selected stations.
4. To search for missing Sellafield current meter. No attempt was made due to adverse weather.
5. To collect seawater at selected stations for analysis of Plutonium-238, Plutonium-239 + 240 and Americium-241.
A K Steele (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)
North Sea Bay of Biscay North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
Water bottle stations
Quantity: number of stations = 112 Description: S surface 51 S bottom