RV Clione CLI8/85
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1985-06-24 — 1985-07-01|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To conduct a sidescan survey of, and collect samples of epibenthos from, the Roughs Tower dredged spoil dumpsite.
2. To collect suspended solids in the wake of sewage sludge dumping vessels in the Barrow Deep for chemical analysis.
3. To conduct a routine monitoring survey of the Barrow Deep and Middle Deep using grabbing, coring and beam trawling.
4. To determine the vertical distribution of sulphides in sediments from the Middle Deep.
5. To collect cores from the Barrow and Middle Deeps for sedimentation rate determination.
6. To collect sediments by grabbing and coring for physical, biological, microbiological and chemical analysis at the South Falls sewage sludge dumpsite.
All the aims were successfully completed.
|Chief scientist||Steven M Rowlatt (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Burnham Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.09 MB)|
|Specific||Outer Thames Estuary|
|Other contaminant measurements||Quantity: number of samples = 4|
Description: water quality
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 3|
Description: beam trawl stations.
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 86|
Description: grabs for the presence of various bacteria.
|Core - soft bottom||Quantity: number of cores = 8|
|Long/short range side scan sonar|