FRV Scotia 0485S
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Scotia (749S)|
|Cruise period||1985-04-19 — 1985-05-09|
|Port of departure||Greenock, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To retrieve 2 current meter moorings in the Clyde and work associated hydrography.
2. To retrieve 4 current meters deployed around Rockall Bank and work associated hydrography.
3. To lay a current meter mooring off Foula, Shetland.
4. To work hydrographic sections in the Faroe-Shetland Channel.
5. To sample at 4 standard radio-caesium stations and one chemical monitoring station.
6. To work the JONSIS line.
7. As time permits to do hydrographic work west of Orkney and Shetland.
|Chief scientist||J H Anthony Martin (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries for Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.12 MB)|
Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Specific||Rockall Bank, Faroe-Shetland Channel, JONSIS Line, Orkney, north and west of Scotland, Firth of Clyde|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 129|
|Current meters||Description: 13 deployed;9 rec.;6770 hours of Rockall;2 depl.& rec.;624 hours of Clyde|
|Phosphate||Quantity: number of stations = 14|
|Nitrate||Quantity: number of stations = 14|
|Silicate||Quantity: number of stations = 63|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton pigs (eg chlorophyll, fluorescence)||Quantity: number of stations = 12|