RV Clione CLI1/86
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1986-01-03 — 1986-01-13|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To participate in the ICES co-ordinated herring larvae survey of regions IVC and VIID during the sampling period 1-15 January.
2. To sample herring larvae and their potential food organisms in a study of their diet.
3. To sample potential herring larvae predators and to examine their gut contents. No opportunity to attempt to sample potential herring larvae predators.
4. To sample herring larvae, other zooplankton and phyto plankton for lipid analysis, with emphasis on polyunsaturated fatty acids.
5. To collect samples of herring larvae for subsequent analysis of feeding status.
6. To collect sea bed sediment samples and Macer sledge samples for copepod and dinoflagellate studies for Dr A Lindley IMER, Plymouth.
|Chief scientist||Brenda M Thompson (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.18 MB)|
|Specific||Southern North Sea/ E. English Channel|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 79|
Description: T only
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton||Quantity: number of samples = 81|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: number of samples = 81|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 12|