RV Clione CLI8/86
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1986-06-27 — 1986-07-07|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To collect sediments by grabbing and coring for physical, biological and chemical analysis at various localities off the NE coast including (a) Tyne sewage sludge dumping ground and (b) Flyash and colliery waste dumping grounds.
2. To collect Modiolus and other epifauna off the Humber and elsewhere for biological and chemical analysis.
3. To collect sediments by grabbing from widely spaced sites off the E and NE coast for chemical and physical analysis as part of a study of the temporal trends in N Sea sediment composition.
4. To survey the proposed Tees sewage sludge dumpsite using grabbing, coring and sidescan sonar.
5. To collect samples of fish for PAH analysis.
6. To evaluate the MAFF camera sledge for use in dumpsite surveys.
7. To survey various E coast sand and gravel extraction sites and dredged spoil dumpsites using sidescan sonar.
8. To collect sediments from the Dogger Bank for PCB analysis.
All aims were successfully achieved.
|Chief scientist||Steven M Rowlatt (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Burnham Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.08 MB)|
|Specific||Humber/Tyne Tees/ North Sea|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 15|
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Quantity: number of stations = 1|
Description: rod and line stations
|Geology and geophysics|
|Dredge||Quantity: number of deployments = 10|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 80|
|Core - soft bottom||Quantity: number of cores = 12|
|Bottom photography||Quantity: number of stations = 2|
Description: stations;motion picture
|Long/short range side scan sonar||Quantity: activity duration in hours = 38|
Description: 0=video tape