RV Clione CLI12B/86
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1986-10-22 — 1986-10-30|
|Port of departure||Barry, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To service seven current meter stations (moorings N, P, Q, R, S, V, Y).
2. To recover the Near Bed Velocity Recorder plus guard toroids.
3. To anchor for one tidal cycle in the vicinity of the NBVR launch site, to make DRCM measurements take Nansen-cast water samples for particle-size analysis hourly over a tidal cycle. No anchor stations were attempted.
4. To work CTD sections between the Isle of Man and the Scottish/English/Welsh coasts. No CTD stations were attempted.
5. To collect surface and bottom water samples for Caesium analysis at ten stations in the Eastern Irish Sea.
6. To release sed bed drifters at two stations near the Isle of Wight.
|Chief scientist||J Alan Durance (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.08 MB)|
|Specific||Eastern Irish Sea|
|Current meters||Quantity: number of recoveries = 6|
Description: 6 recovered 40 days
|Other physical oceanographic measurements||Quantity: number of deployments = 1|
Description: near bed velocity recorder
|Radioactivity||Quantity: number of samples = 10|