RV Ernest Holt 8/69
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Ernest Holt (74EH)|
|Cruise period||1969-08-13 — 1969-09-10|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To participate in the International Barents Sea 0-group fish survey with vessels from Norway and USSR.
2. To continue the development of echo survey techniques.
3. To work the hydrographic sections on our part of the survey grid.
4. To obtain flagellate flora samples for Dr Reynolds.
5. To collect cod blood and sea water samples for the Fisheries Radiobiological
6. To transport live specimens of Zoarces from Tromso to the laboratory and also to catch and keep alive 0-group redfish for Dr Purdom.
7. To obtain samples of Balanus balanoidea from Spitsbergen for Mr Cook
(Menai Science Laboratories, Menai Bridge).
|Chief scientist||Brian W Jones (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.22 MB)|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Quantity: 119|
Description: T only
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 33|
|Routine standard measurements|