RV Cirolana CIR5A/87
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1987-05-12 — 1987-05-25|
|Port of return||Plymouth, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To study the distribution, feeding and condition of larvae of several species in the NW Irish Sea in relation to different production regimes.
2. To study predation of larvae.
3. To evaluate the use of dual frequency acoustics as an aid to quantitative studies of ichthyoplankton.
4. To test the new multinet plankton sampler and to obtain vertical profiles of ichthyoplankton.
5. To develop on board sample handling and data processing processing procedures.
6. To collect sediment samples from an area north of Anglesey for AEP3.
7. To recover the near bed tetrapod rig, with the diving team.
8. To recover a damaged current meter mooring Q.
9. To collect material for experimental work on sprat development.
|Chief scientist||Keith M Brander (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.03 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Current meters||Quantity: number of stations = 1|
Description: recovered only
|Other physical oceanographic measurements||Quantity: number of stations = 7|
Description: nearbed tetrapod recovered
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton||Quantity: number of samples = 78|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: number of samples = 78|
|Eggs and larvae||Quantity: number of samples = 59|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 66|