RV Cirolana CIR6A/87
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1987-06-19 — 1987-07-07|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Falmouth, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||The objectives of this cruise were:
(1) Recover four moorings from the lower continental slope west of Porcupine Bank. Accomplished.
(2) To recover NEADS 6 and undertake a CTD station and bathymetric survey of the area. Accomplished.
(3) To recover two trial current meter moorings from the East Greenland Slope. Not done.
(4) To lay eight current meter moorings along a line from 62° 53.7N, 35° 51.5W to 63° 25.8 min N, 36° 34.2 min W. Accomplished.
(5) To work a CTD/hydrochemistry section along this line and collect water for caesium and plutonium determination. Accomplished.
(6) To deploy XBTs on steaming legs west of 20W. Accomplished.
(7) To recover three ALSs from the Iberian Abyssal Plain region. Two of three recovered.
|Chief scientist||Paul A Gurbutt (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.11 MB)|
Bay of Biscay
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Bathythermograph||Quantity: number of profiles = 83|
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 11|
|Current meters||Quantity: number of stations = 8|
Description: 8 deployments and 4 recoveries.
|Other physical oceanographic measurements||Quantity: number of stations = 2|
Description: autonomous listening stations
|Other physical oceanographic measurements||Description: progressive depth recording|