RV Cirolana CIR2/88
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1988-02-02 — 1988-02-22|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To participate in the ICES International Young Fish Survey.
2. To sample post-larval herring, sprat and eel, and volumetric assessments of krill, using the Isaacs Kidd midwater trawl.
3. To take surface and bottom temperature and salinity readings and collect nutrient samples on each trawl station.
4. To measure nutrients in-situ and investigate various preservation regimes for samples.
5. To collect and preserve stomachs of Raja radiata for the Danish Institute for Fisheries and Marine research.
6. To replenish stocks of specimens for fish identification courses.
7. To collect and preserve tissues from Myxine glutinosa for Dr.Holland, University of Oxford.
8. To collect biological samples including ovaries from long rough dabs for Mr Ntiba.
9. To collect livers from dabs from 3 areas for D Bucke (Weymouth).
10. To record the incidence of ulcerated cod for D Bucke.
|Chief scientist||C Timothy Macer (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.11 MB)|
|Track charts||(0.02 MB)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 45|
Description: top & bottom only
|Phosphate||Quantity: number of stations = 45|
|Nitrate||Quantity: number of stations = 45|
|Nitrite||Quantity: number of stations = 45|
|Silicate||Quantity: number of stations = 45|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 33|
Description: surveyed using Isaacs-Kidd net.
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 43|
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Quantity: number of hauls = 66|
Description: larval fish survey