RV Cirolana CIR4B/88
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1988-04-22 — 1988-05-05|
|Port of departure||Holyhead, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To determine the rates and processes of primary and secondary production in different regions of the Irish Sea.
2. To assess the vertical and horizontal availability of food for fish larvae in relation to hydrographic conditions.
3. To determine the nutritional status of fish larvae in relation to feeding conditions.
4. To determine particle size distribution in relation to hydrography and larval feeding.
5. To construct a C/N budget of the production transformation and fate of biogenic particulates.
6. To study predation on the larvae of fish.
|Chief scientist||John H Nichols (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.21 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Track charts||(0.03 MB)|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)|
|Optics (eg underwater light levels)||Quantity: number of measurements = 165|
Description: incident light measurements
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton pigs (eg chlorophyll, fluorescence)||Description: chlorophyll 'a'|
|Eggs and larvae||Quantity: number of samples = 56|
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Quantity: number of samples = 10|
Description: particle size count