RV Cirolana CIR8/88
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1988-09-30 — 1988-10-20|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To participate in the ICES coordinated herring larvae survey in region IVB.
2. To study drift, growth, condition, age and mortality of herring larvae.
3. To examine the vertical distribution of herring larvae in different hydrographic regimes.
4. To identify herring larvae predators.
5. To study visual avoidance of plankton samplers by herring larvae.
6. To recover eight current meter rigs from off the north-east coast of England.
|Chief scientist||John H Nichols (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.16 MB)|
|Specific||W. Central North Sea|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Quantity: number of measurements = 1410|
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 200|
|Current meters||Quantity: number of stations = 8|
Description: 15 current meters recovered
|Surface drifters/drifting buoys||Quantity: number of deployments = 6|
Description: argos buoy deployments
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton||Quantity: number of samples = 200|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: number of samples = 200|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 5|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 2|