RV Cirolana CIR11/90
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1990-11-27 — 1990-12-20|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a groundfish survey using the Portuguese High Headline Trawl.
2. To record temperature and salinity profiles using the CTD.
3. To collect flesh samples from cod, plaice and mackerel from the western Channel for AEP1.
4. To collect otolith samples from possible prey species for future use in prey identification.
5. To collect liver and gas gland material from cod for PML.
6. To freeze any bass caught for studies on maturation and spawning.
7. To collect specimens for the fish identification course.
8. To sample mackerel in the mackerel box.
9. To collect samples for the North Sea Task Force Monitoring Plan.
|Chief scientist||Brian W Jones (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.08 MB)|
|Specific||Eastern and Western Channel|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 51|
Description: top & and bottom S only
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 49|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 49|