RV Corystes COR10/90
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1990-09-06 — 1990-09-27|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To measure the distribution and abundance of commercial flatfish species by means of a beam trawl survey as part of an ICES coordinated programme covering Divisions IV b&c and VII d&c.
2. To collect additional biological data on sole, plaice, dab, turbot, brill and Cancer pagarus.
3. To describe the seabed sediment and epibenthos using photographic and acoustic methods.
4. To produce cooperative gear efficiency indices between the 4m standard heavy DFR beam trawl and the 8m beam trawl used by the Belgian and the Netherlands Fisheries Institutes, on the joint survey.
5. Carry out further equipment trials on the sector scanner.
6. Collect a variety of live and frozen fish for research purposes.
|Chief scientist||David J Symonds (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.14 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 127|
Description: groundfish survey
|Molluscs||Quantity: number of hauls = 6|
Description: scallop dredging
|Taggings||Quantity: number of hauls = 35|
Description: sole tagging