RV Cirolana CIR10/91
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1991-11-26 — 1991-12-19|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To determine the distribution of cod, and in particular the 1990 year-class, using a modified Portuguese High Headline trawl.
2. To tag 1500 cod for migration studies.
3. To determine the distribution of other demersal species, and collect biological samples for age and maturity studies.
4. To collect 20-30 mature plaice gonad samples from stations off the southern coast of Ireland (J Horwood).
5. To examine stomach contents of selected fish species.
6. To collect samples of spawning herring (Dr G Carvalho, University of Wales).
|Chief scientist||Stephen Flatman (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.12 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 62|
Description: tows completed with the Portuguese High Headline trawl.