RV Corystes COR5A/91
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1991-05-01 — 1991-05-14|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To collect sediments by grabbing and coring for physical, biological and chemical analysis at the Tyne sewage sludge disposal site. This work will include CSG-funded studies of meiofauna by Plymouth Marine Laboratory scientists.
2. To assess the quantity of litter, if any, present at the Tyne sewage sludge disposal site.
3. To collect sediment samples throughout the western North Sea for the JMG baseline survey.
4. To examine the sediment and benthos at various North Sea Task Force stations.
5. To carry out benthic surveys and gravel extraction areas around the Humber.
6. To evaluate sector scanning sonar for use in sediment surveys.
7. To collect Modiolus and other epifauna off the Humber for biological and chemical analysis.
All the aims were successfully completed.
|Chief scientist||Steven M Rowlatt (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Burnham Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.10 MB)|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Dredge||Quantity: number of deployments = 37|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 153|
|Core - soft bottom||Quantity: number of cores = 33|
|Long/short range side scan sonar||Quantity: number of surveys = 2|
|Other geological/geophysical measurements||Quantity: number of deployments = 3|
Description: u/w tv