RV Corystes COR10B/91
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1991-10-15 — 1991-10-29|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To collect sediment samples for biological effects monitoring studies and analytical chemistry at stations established by the North Sea Task Force and National Monitoring programmes.
2. To collect samples of demersal fish in support of NSTF, NMP and Environmental Quality Objective programmes.
3. To collect water column samples for PAH analysis along a transect across the Dover Straits as part of the FLUXMANCHE programme.
4. To collect water samples for TBT analysis as part of the joint MAFF/DOE programme on organotin.
5. To collect dab for EROD determinations, measurements of PAH metabolites in bile and preserve samples of livers for disease determinations.
6. To carry out an anchor dredge survey of the outer Thames.
|Chief scientist||Michael Joseph Waldock (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Burnham Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.10 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Specific||English Channel and Irish Sea|
|Phosphate||Quantity: number of stations = 27|
|Nitrate||Quantity: number of stations = 27|
|Nitrite||Quantity: number of stations = 27|
|Silicate||Quantity: number of stations = 27|
|Other chemical oceanographic measurements||Quantity: number of stations = 27|
Description: reported bottle stations, data unlikely to come
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 19|
Description: samples taken for contaminant studies
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 56|