RV Corystes COR6/92
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1992-05-08 — 1992-05-26|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To conduct a survey of an experimentally-dredged site off Norfolk, using grab, dredge, underwater camera, side- and sector-scan sonar.
2. To photograph and sample the dredged area using divers.
3. To conduct a survey at a nearby site used for disposal of gravel-dredgings, using grab, dredge and side-scan sonar.
4. To sample horse-mussels from the Humber/Wash area for biological and chemical analysis.
5. To sample the sediments and benthos at the Tyne sewage-sludge and dredged-material disposal sites using grab, trawl and core.
6. To sample a grid of 23 stations off the north-east coast for the JMG sediment survey.
7. To sample the sediments and benthos at NSTF sites, using grab, core and trawl.
8. To conduct a survey of sediments at the Barrow Deep sewage-sludge disposal site.
9. To sample the sediments and benthos at the Hastings aggregate extration site using grab, dredge, underwater camera and side-scan sonar.
10. To sample the sediments and benthos of gravel deposits off the Isle of Wight, using an Anchor dredge and side-scan sonar.
All the aims were successfully achieved.
|Chief scientist||Hubert Llewelyn Rees (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Burnham Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.26 MB)|
|Specific||North Sea/English Channel|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 27|
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Quantity: number of deployments = 2|
Description: underwater TV
|Geology and geophysics|
|Dredge||Quantity: number of deployments = 26|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 262|
Description: Hamon and Day grabs.
|Core - soft bottom||Quantity: number of cores = 1|
|Long/short range side scan sonar||Quantity: number of surveys = 4|