RV Corystes COR7/92
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1992-06-04 — 1992-06-18|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To map the distribution of pelagic 0-group gadoids in the northern and eastern regions of the North Sea and to collect samples to determine the extent to which these fish prey upon each other.
2. To conduct 24h sampling to investigate feeding during the diel vertical migration of 0-groups.
3. To sample the planktonic prey organisms of the 0-groups.
4. To sample other fish species that are potential predators of pelagic 0-group gadoids.
5. To collect live 0-group gadoids for aquarium studies.
6. To release 100 plaice with dummy Data Storage Tags and 100 controls (J Metcalfe).
7. To test the Ichthyometre fish measuring board under working conditions.
|Chief scientist||Peter J Bromley (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.16 MB)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 3|
Description: Surface only
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 12|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton||Quantity: number of stations = 40|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: number of stations = 40|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 82|