RV Corystes COR9/92
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1992-07-29 — 1992-08-13|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To measure the distribution and abundance of commercial flatfish species by means of a beam trawl survey as part of an ICES coordinated programme covering parts of Divisions IV a-c and VIId-e.
2. To collect additional biological data on sole, plaice, dab, turbot, brill and Cancer pagurus.
3. To describe the seabed sediments and epibenthos using photographic and trawl by-catch data.
4. To test the ROXANN acoustic seabed discrimination system against photographic and grabbing methods.
5. To bring back to the laboratory, alive, 50 or more plaice greater than 25cm in length caught from separate short tows in order to check on survival rates for the purposes of tagging studies.
6. To study the length and age of sole and plaice in relation to depth, by carrying out additional 30min tows at specified depths in Rye Bay.
|Chief scientist||T Kevin Stokes (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.17 MB)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 80|
Description: surface S only
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 104|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 24|
|Other geological/geophysical measurements||Quantity: number of image series = 24|
Description: video record of seabed type