RRS Challenger CH101B
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RRS Challenger (74CH)|
|Cruise period||1993-03-13 — 1993-03-20|
|Port of departure||Oban, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Ardrossan, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To collect water samples for radiocaesium studies and for nutrient and phytoplanktonic analysis at standard positions between the Sound of Mull and the shelf edge West of Barra: to make CTD profiles on this line.
2. To maintain DML current meter mooring in the Tiree Passage.
3. To work the CTD stations of the Anton Dohrn Seamount (Ellett Line) section between the shelf-edge and Rockall and to collect nutrient and phytoplankton samples.
4. To maintain the DML/WOCE temperature-salinity mooring at station M in the Rockall Trough.
5. To work shelf CTD sections in the Sea of the Hebrides and the Clyde Sea area.
6. To collect sediment cores and grab samples from the Clyde Sea and Hebridean shelf.
|Chief scientist||Anton Edwards (Dunstaffnage Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.71 MB)|
|General||Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland|
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Track charts||(0.03 MB)|
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 27|
Description: oxygens rejected due to lack of calibration