RV Cirolana CIR3/95
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1995-03-13 — 1995-04-10|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a trawl survey of the western Celtic Sea to obtain information on:
(a) Distribution and abundance at length of all fish species.
(b) Age length distribution of selected species.
2. To sample juvenile fish for recruitment estimates.
3. To collect material for fish identification courses.
4. To collect, and preserve frozen, any scallops that are caught.
5. To obtain data on stomach contents to supplement the data set collected on earlier cruises. Unsuccessfull
6. To obtain data on development rates of fish eggs and larvae on an opportunistic basis. Unsuccessful
7. To collect and preserve mackerel ovaries for fecundity estimation.
8. To collect and preserve ovaries for fecundity estimation. Unsuccessful
9. To carry out further trials of electronic data capture equipment.
10. To collect samples of herring for the study of Ichthyophonus disease.
11. To monitor distribution and abundance and collect biological data on Ommastrephid squids (University College Cork, Ireland).
|Chief scientist||John Casey (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.29 MB)|
|General||North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)|
|Specific||Celtic Sea, South-western Approaches, western English Channel|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Quantity: activity duration in days = 29|
Description: continuous T & S
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 77|
Description: surface S only
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 79|
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Quantity: number of specimens = 2|
Description: Fish caught with rod & line