RV Corystes COR8A/95
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1995-07-18 — 1995-08-02|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Southampton, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To obtain stock indices of abundance for pre-recruit and fishable scallops on the standard survey grids on the Fowey - Eddystone, Lyme Bay, Wolf Rock and South Eddystone grounds.
2. To carry out fishing trials with commercial meshed, fine meshed and queen meshed Newhaven dredges.
3. To carry out replicate dredge hauls at standard survey stations.
4. To investigate the effects of fine sediment dispersion by gravel dredgers on the macrobenthos of the Hastings Shingle Bank.
5. To collect scallop material, seawater samples and CTD profile data from stations between Hastings Shingle Bank and Little Sole Bank, for isotope studies with UCNW, Menai Bridge.
6. To collect live scallops for the Conwy laboratory.
7. To collect mollusc specimens for UNCW student projects.
|Chief scientist||Peter Walker (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.15 MB)|
|Specific||English Channel and Western Approaches|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 3|
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 5|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Molluscs||Quantity: number of hauls = 199|
Description: scallop dredging
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 6|
Description: hamon grab