RV Corystes COR12A/95
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1995-11-29 — 1995-12-06|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To test a new PC, and associated software and Hydroaulics, for the sector scanner.
2. To recover the Minipod at Race Bank with an ROV.
3. To perform a Video Survey with ROV over reefs off Bridlington Bay.
4. To conduct intercomparison trials of the Sector Scanner, Mini sector scanner and Sidescan to assess each system's suitability for large area surveys of tagged crabs and trial gear-marking tags.
5. To groundtruth second RoxAnn unit and Questor Tangent system in back-to-back trials.
6. To trial the new Mini sector scanner on various acoustic targets.
7. To trial the Geoacoustics and Ultra sidescan systems.
8. To try deployment and radar-ranging trials of new design 'Mini-Spar' Buoy.
|Chief scientist||William John Meadows (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Gear research||Quantity: number of deployments = 7|
Description: equipment trials