RV Corystes COR2/96
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1996-01-18 — 1996-02-02|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To sample and examine dab and other fish species for diseases.
2. To collect samples of dab and other flatfish livers for histochemistry and electron microscopy.
3. To examine herring for Ichthyophoniosis.
4. To examine Nephrops sp. for evidence of Haematodinium sp.
5. To collect samples of frozen dab, whiting and other species for the NMP (A.Franklin).
6. To collect samples of viscera from gadoids for VHSV testing (P.Dixon).
7. To collect sediment samples for use in laboratory toxicity experiments.
8. To collect samples of gallbladders from selected fish species to evaluate the use of their protozoan parasites as pollution biomarkers.
9. Undertake an ADCP survey in the wake of an aggregate dredging vessel.
10. To carry out a sidescan sonar survey in the outer Wash.
All the aims were completed.
|Chief scientist||Stephen Wolfgang Feist (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Fish Disease Laboratory Weymouth)|
|Cruise report||(0.15 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Specific||North Sea, English Channel, Irish Sea|
|Current profiler (eg ADCP)||Description: ADCP survey in wake of dredging vessel|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Description: fish disease survey by trawl|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Description: sediment for toxicity tests|