RV Corella 12B/70
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corella (74CX)|
|Cruise period||1970-12-07 — 1970-12-18|
|Port of departure||Dover, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a routine egg and larval survey of both the Southern Bight and the eastern English Channel.
2. To carry out an egg and larval survey in Lyme Bay.
3. To trawl for spawning plaice in Lyme Bay.
4. To obtain small gadoids for Mr A Jones.
5. To obtain samples of fish for Dr Portmann.
6. To tag rays if caught in sufficient quantities.
|Chief scientist||Michael J Holden (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.13 MB)|
|Water bottle stations||Description: T surface only|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton||Quantity: number of stations = 85|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: number of stations = 85|
|Nekton||Quantity: number of stations = 85|
|Eggs and larvae||Quantity: number of stations = 85|
Description: routine egg and larvae survey
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 7|
|Other meteorological measurements||Description: sea and swell|