RV Corystes COR1/98
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1998-01-06 — 1998-01-22|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To collect and examine dab and other fish species for diseases.
2. To collect samples from dab for histopathology, DNA adduct analysis and AChE and EROD measurements.
3. To examine herring for Ichthyophoniosis.
4. To collect blood and gonad samples from flounders (J. Thain).
5. To collect samples of whelks (J. Thain).
6. To collect samples of frozen dab and whiting for contaminant analysis (A. Franklin).
7. To collect live plaice from the North Sea (J. Metcalfe).
8. To collect samples of viscera from gadoids, herring and turbot for VHS virus testing (P. Dixon).
9. To collect samples of scallops and queens for disease assessment.
10. To collect samples of parasites for molecular biology studies.
11. To collect blood from juvenile plaice (A. Scott).
|Chief scientist||Stephen Wolfgang Feist (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Weymouth Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.14 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Specific||North Sea, English Channel, Irish Sea|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 35|
Description: made using the Granton trawl fitted with a liner and tickler chain.