RV Cirolana CIR1/98
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1998-01-30 — 1998-02-18|
|Objectives||1. To undertake sampling for the nutrient monitoring component of the National Monitoring Programme in coastal water of England and Wales.
2. To deploy a smart biophysical mooring at the Outer Gabard.
3. To carry out shipboard tests of the Aquamonitor water sampler and a silicate measuring version of the W.S. Ocean Systems in situ nutrient analyser.
4. To carry out sea trials of an undulating towed body, Utow.
5. To carry out trawls in Liverpool Bay to collect mature Plaice and measure fish egg development.
6. To measure nutrients and zooplankton along a transect from the shelf edge into the Irish Sea.
7. To measure biogenic halocarbons by GC-MS in seawater and airborne samples.
|Chief scientist||David K Mills (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Specific||North Sea, Channel, Irish Sea, SW Approaches, Celtic Sea|