Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||Prince Madog (74PD)|
|Cruise period||1993-09-13 — 1993-09-24|
|Port of departure||Menai Bridge, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Menai Bridge, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To collect samples of sediment, benthos and fish from various NMP sites in
the Irish Sea.
2. To conduct a routine monitoring survey of the sedirnents and benthos of
the Liverpool Bay sewage sludge disposal site.
3. To collect sediment samples from a grid of stations within Liverpool Bay
for evaluation of the McLaren sediment transport analysis technique.
4. To collect samples of Whiting and Plaice for trend contamination analysis
from one site within Liverpool Bay.
5. To collect specimens of Pectinaria and Abra from the vicinity of dredged
material disposal site 2, and Redwharf Bay.
6. To collect Anchor Dredge samples as part of the wide scale study of
benthic communities associated with gravel substrates.
|Chief scientist||David Stephen Limpenny (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.18 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||Irish Sea, Liverpool Bay|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Sediment traps||Description: A number of sediment and benthos samples were collected during the cruise. No. of samples not noted.|
|Sediment traps||Quantity: number of samples = 1|
Description: A beam trawl sample was collected from site NMP76.
|Zoobenthos||Description: A number of sediment and benthos samples were collected during the cruise. No. of samples not noted.|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Description: A number of sediment and benthos samples were collected during the cruise. No. of samples not noted.|