FRV Mara 10/70
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Mara (74MR)|
|Cruise period||1970-11-25 — 1970-12-10|
|Port of departure||Corpach, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Corpach, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. A survey of selected mainland and island gas lochs with Multi-depth Plankton Indicators, associated with temperature and salinity observations.
2. Two transects of the Minches with Multi-depth Plankton Indicators and temperature and salinity observations.
3. A survey of selected mainland and island sea lochs for euphausiids and other crustaceous plankton, using 1m 60 and WP3 nets.
4. Collection of biological material for trace metal determinations.
5. Field trials of underwater TV system at Loch Ere and Loch Eil.
6. A routine survey of Loch Linnhe and Loch Eil.
|Chief scientist||James A Adams (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries for Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.14 MB)|
|General||Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 28|
|Oxygen||Quantity: number of stations = 8|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Eggs and larvae||Quantity: number of hauls = 30|
Description: WP3 and 1 m nets