FRV Clupea 0392C
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Clupea (74CU)|
|Cruise period||1992-02-24 — 1992-03-07|
|Port of departure||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Scrabster, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To measure the flow distribution and efficiency of a Methot sampling net.
2. To carry out engineering trials on a new dual-net mini-Methot sampling.
3. To conduct instrumented trials with a standard Gulf 3 sampler.
4. To carry out trials and development of the Seametrix through-water command and telemetry system for multi-net samplers.
5. To calibrate speed logs, load cels and depth meters.
6. To evaluate the Trackpoint 2 system and to integrate it with surface navigation equipment.
7. To carry out trials with the SRD cod-end diameter measuring system.
8. To obtain water samples and core samples for the PSP monitoring system.
|Chief scientist||Gordon G Urquhart (Scottish Office Agriculture and Fisheries Department Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.09 MB)|
|Specific||North Sound, Orkney|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton||Quantity: number of samples = 8|
Description: to be analysed for the PSP monitoring programme.