1) To investigate the settlement of scallops, queens and crabs in the Clyde Sea area, the Sound of Jura, off the Islay coast, the Sound of Mull, Loch Nevis, Loch Hourne, Loch Carron, Camustiel and Loch Toscaig, Gairloch and Poolewe.
2) To study the size and age composition of scallop and queen stocks in the same areas.
3) To examine the gonads of scallops and queens to determine their maturing age.
4) To record surface and subsurface water temperatures.
5) To preserve gill sections of scallops from selected west coast stations for future pathological examination.
David I Fraser (Scottish Office Agriculture and Fisheries Department Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)
Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland
Clyde sea area
Subsurface temperature and salinity measurements
Description: Water temperatures
Biology and fisheries
Description: Survey for Scallops and Queens
Geology and geophysics
Quantity: number of deployments = 124 Description: Dredging for scallops and queens