1. To carry out a groundfish survey along the North Wales coast.
2. To collect samples of otoliths from commercial species.
3. To obtain accurate gutted weight data of all plaice and sole selected for otoliths samples.
4. To obtain mesh selection data.
5. To obtain samples of ungutted fish for contaminant trend analysis work by A Franklin (Burnham).
6. To collect live cod for holding at Conwy at the Fisheries Experiment Station, prior to being transported to Lowestoft for P Bromley.
7. To tag 2-group pre-recruit sole.
8. To collect blood samples from selected species of fish for comparative protein studies by R J Turner.
C N Humphreys (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
North east Irish Sea
Biology and fisheries
Quantity: number of specimens = 125 Description: pre-recruit sole tagged.