FV Silver Star 1/86
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FV Silver Star (74W5)|
|Cruise period||1986-03-19 — 1986-04-05|
|Port of departure||Conwy, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Conwy, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a groundfish survey along the North Wales coast.
2. To collect samples of otoliths from commercial species.
3. To obtain accurate gutted weight data of all plaice and sole selected for otoliths samples.
4. To obtain mesh selection data.
5. To obtain samples of ungutted fish for contaminant trend analysis work by A Franklin (Burnham).
6. To collect live cod for holding at the Fisheries Experiment Station prior to being transported to Lowestoft for P Bromley.
7. To tag 2-group pre-recruit sole. Insufficient catches to carry out tagging programme.
8. To collect, and deep freeze, samples of Callionymus species.
9. To collect blood samples from selected species of fish for comparative protein studies by R J Turner.
|Chief scientist||C N Humphreys (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.07 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||North Wales Coast, N.E. Irish Sea|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of stations = 24|
Description: groundfish survey. Otolith samples collected from commercial species.