1. To carry out a groundfish survey along the North Wales coast.
2. To collect samples of otoliths from commercial species.
3. To obtain accurate gutted weight data of all plaice and sole selected from otoliths samples.
4. To obtain mesh selection data.
5. To obtain samples of ungutted fish for contaminant trend analysis work by A Franklin (Burnham).
6. To tag 2-group pre-recruit sole. Insufficient numbers in order to carry out aim.
7. To obtain artificially fertilised eggs from Callionymus reticulatus, and collect samples of Callionymus species.
8. To collect broodstock sole for use at the Conwy Fisheries Experiment Station.
9. To collect blood samples from fish for comparative protein studies by R J Turner.
C N Humphreys (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
North east Irish Sea
Biology and fisheries
Quantity: number of hauls = 24 Description: groundfish survey. Otolith samples taken from commercial species.