FV Silver Star 2/86
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FV Silver Star (74W5)|
|Cruise period||1986-06-16 — 1986-06-23|
|Port of departure||Conwy, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Conwy, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a groundfish survey along the North Wales coast.
2. To collect samples of otoliths from commercial species.
3. To obtain accurate gutted weight data of all plaice and sole selected from otoliths samples.
4. To obtain mesh selection data.
5. To obtain samples of ungutted fish for contaminant trend analysis work by A Franklin (Burnham).
6. To tag 2-group pre-recruit sole. Insufficient numbers in order to carry out aim.
7. To obtain artificially fertilised eggs from Callionymus reticulatus, and collect samples of Callionymus species.
8. To collect broodstock sole for use at the Conwy Fisheries Experiment Station.
9. To collect blood samples from fish for comparative protein studies by R J Turner.
|Chief scientist||C N Humphreys (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.06 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||North east Irish Sea|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 24|
Description: groundfish survey. Otolith samples taken from commercial species.